Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Captain's Log : A Pirate Story: Thanksgiving: A Look Back

Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving: A Look Back

Assuming the tryptophan can hold back for 10 minutes, I'd like to mention the one thing that hindered the potential of an otherwise heartily successful T-Give Thursday.

While watching and playing football are a part of many a family's holiday tradition, I prefer to play football on the days thereafter and instead focus my Thanksgiving energies on sleeping as late as possible followed by a healthy dose of laying around watching television marathons until parental forces compel my zombie alter-personality to "get a friggin shower." Even as a child when the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philadelphia was all the rage in the Killeen household, I would return home frozen and bitter ready to glue my ass to a couch and watch Comedy Central. Specifically, I remember watching Saturday Night Live and Mystery Science Theatre for hours on end.

But then, seemingly out of nowhere, E! bought the rights(?) to show SNL reruns only to hardly ever play the damn show and Comedy Central realized that nobody really watched MST3K except my family (we own a few of the dvd's). So today I settled for an Everybody Loves Raymond marathon, which got the job done but just wasn't quite the same.

Goodnight and good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home